Honey Ginger Cough Remedy Recipe with step by step photos and easy to follow instructions:
Honey Ginger Cough Remedy – Have that stubborn cough which keeps you awake all night?? You must try this natural health remedy not only to get relief from a nasty cough but to boost your immune system.
Honey Ginger cough syrup is made with natural ingredients and it works every time. We have not bought any cough syrup in the last 20 years. Whenever someone has a cough in my family after common cold or flu, this is my go-to solution. The cough is usually gone within 2-3 days.
Honey – has been used for centuries to relieve the symptoms of common cold. Honey is an effective cough suppressant and provides relief from the irritated throat. Honey is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal; and most importantly, it tastes great.
Ginger – is a natural immune booster and has been used in natural health remedies to treat common cold and flu symptoms for years. Ginger has antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can be highly effective for treating many health problems.
Lemon – among many health benefits of lemons, the few powerful ones are, lemons are rich in vitamin C, flavonoids and anti-bacterial properties. Lemons are used for the treatment of throat infection, to alleviate the cold and flu symptoms and lower the body temperature.
How to make Honey Ginger Cough Syrup:
- Try to get the pure, natural honey. Add honey to a clean glass jar or a small bowl. (If honey is too thick to mix, put the jar in hot (not boiling) water for about 15 minutes to loosen it.)
- Wash ginger under running water to remove any dirt. Dirt is usually hidden in the joints of ginger branches. Take a small brush and run it between the groves to loosen the dirt. Dry the ginger with a clean dry towel or a paper towel.
- Now, you can peel the ginger if you want. I generally don’t peel it. Grate the ginger with the fine side of the cheese grater.
- Place a sieve over a glass or a bowl and put the grated ginger in the sieve. Gently press down the grated ginger to extract the juice. Add the ginger juice to the honey. (If you can take the sharp and spicy flavor of ginger, you can increase the amount of ginger juice.)
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and add it to the honey. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Take a teaspoon full 3-4 times a day and store the remaining syrup in the fridge.
Honey Ginger Cough Remedy, How to make Honey Ginger Cough RemedyPrep timeTotal timeA honey and ginger cough remedy - a natural and tasty way to ease a cough and cold.Author: Raj BrarRecipe type: Home RemedyCuisine: IndianServes: 8 tbspIngredients
- 5 tbsp of pure honey
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
NotesIf honey is too thick, do not put in the microwave to thin it. Instead, leave it in a bowl of hot (not boiling) water for a few minutes.3.5.3226
- In a small bowl or glass jar, add honey.
- Wash the ginger under running water to remove any dirt.
- Grate the ginger with the fine side of the cheese grater. Squeeze the grated ginger to extract juice and strain the juice through a sieve.
- Add the ginger juice to honey.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Take a teaspoon full 3-4 times a day.
Note: This remedy is not to replace any of the prescription medicines. Please follow your health care practitioner’s advice if you have any other health issues or when treating cough in young children.